A handy guide to most things photographic on Google+
Reshared post from +Shamil Weerakoon
★ A Guide to Google+ Photos ★
This tutorial has been recreated to suit the new UI
● Your Google+ Photos can be accessed using the Photos button/icon that is the left Google Ribbon.
● Clicking the icon will direct you to Photos from your Phone
● On the Top, you will see Four tabs;
From Phone | Photos of you | Albums | From your posts
● To Upload Photos;
–> Hover over the icon on the ribbon, and click Add Photos.
–> Inside https://plus.google.com/photos/ select Upload new photos
● Photos from your phone
–> Shows the photos uploaded using Instant Upload.
–> To share the photos uploaded from your mobile, simply select the relevant photos, and click SHARE.
–> You can multiple select items by clicking each, or by Highlighting using your Mouse.
–> You are free to bundle similar/relevant photos and create a New Album.
–> You could also add them to any of your Existing albums.
● Photos of you
–> These are the photos that you have been tagged in.
–> Photos are categorized as to, with whom in your circles were the images tagged.
● Photos from your posts
–> This is a list of images that you attach when publishing your posts.
–> For your convenience, the images are listed according to the Date they were posted, with the number of images per post.
–> If you created an album of images while creating your post, the album will appear with the title you've given.
● Your albums
–> Here you see all the photo albums that you've created and uploaded up-to-date.
–> The albums also include; Photos from posts, Profile Pictures, Scrapbook photos, Mobile uploads, & Blogger pictures.
–> Clicking on Sharing Settings, enables you to set who can see the respective albums. You are also able to lock the albums, in order to prevent re-sharing.
► LIGHT BOX
○ The Light box view of G+ images has many options.
* Rotate Left/Right
* Auto-fix the image to automatically set the contrast & brightness.
* Creative kit – This feature allows the users to edit the photos with absolutely creative edits; Powered by Picnik.
* Thumbnail+Name of the Person who posted the image
* Description: If the image was shared by you, You are given the option to EDIT the caption at Mouse-hover.
*Tag People (If allowed) – Select faces of people on the image, to add tags.
* To add a comment, either scroll down the comments, or click Comment.
* Photo Details : Specs of the Camera and the image.
–> BOTTOM OPTIONS
* +1 button is available below the comments box.
* Share the image with your circles.
* On the Bottom-Left, displays the album, owner, and the number of images in the album.
* View options – Download in full size (if allowed), Photo details, Report photo.
* If there are more than one photo in the album, there is an option to View All. This shows a strip of all photos in the album.
► MANAGING & REARRANGING
○ Under Your Albums, select the relevant Album
○ You could share by clicking Share
○ You could add more photos to the album by clicking Add photos
○ MORE : Share album via link, Delete Album & Organize Album
To re-arrange the photos inside the album, click Organize album
Select(Multiple selection is possible), Drag & Drop in the desired location.
To Move to another Album; Select -> and Choose the album to Move to.
To Sort by Date added; Select -> Click Order by date
○ Your Google+ Profile Picture – 200 x 200 pixels
–> For a better view of your profile picture, edit it to a square before uploading it.
–> To make sure it appears nice, resize it to 48 x 48px and see.
○ Your 5 Scrapbook Photos – 110 x 110 pixels.
–> The gap between the scrapbook pictures is 16px.
–> The recommended size is 150 x 150 pixels.
○ All your photos of larger resolutions are reduced upto 2048px.
► PICASA WEB ACCOUNT
via http://goo.gl/UZCtQ and http://goo.gl/PPcSJ .
As you upload more photos and videos in Picasa Web Albums, please keep in mind the following account limits:
◆ Maximum photo size: Each image can be no larger than 20 megabytes and are restricted to 50 megapixels or less.
◆ Maximum video size: Each video uploaded can be no larger than 1GB in size.
◆ Maximum number of web albums: 10,000
◆ Maximum number of photos and videos per web album: 1,000
◆ Total storage space: Picasa Web provides 1 GB for photos and videos. Files under certain sizes don't count towards this limit.
Free storage limits
Photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.
All photos uploaded in Google+ will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge) and won't count towards your free storage quota.
All photos uploaded from the Picasa software or in Picasa Web Albums over the free size limit will count towards your 1 GB of free storage. When you reach your storage limit, any new photos you upload larger than the free size limit will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge).
#googleplus #ddstips #google #googleplusphotos #gplustips